Starting in 2020, Qiang and two retired software engineers have been working together to develop easy to use Apps for Artists. They are free for you to use on this webpage. We appreciate you can help us to cover necessary expenses during our app developing process. Thank you very much!
If you paint from photos, this app will help you. Click the arrow on the right to know how to use it.
1. Click "Load Image" button to load your reference photo. Click on anywhere on your ref photo, the app shows the hue, chroma, value, and temperature of the color at that point.
2. Click "<>" or "><" button to enlarge or shrink the image window size.
3. Click "Filter", you can make image black-n-white (with "Gray scale"), or simplify image (with "Oilify").
4. Use the mouse to click any point on your photo, The information about the color at the point will show. You can accurately mix that color by using all the color info you get.
5. If you want to compare two colors, you pick the first color and click "save" button, the picked color will display lower, then you pick the second color. Information of both colors will show.
6. You can zoom in/out and rotate the image by click the corresponding buttons above the image.
New features with the version 2.0
1. You can show or hide your color picking spot by click the "Locator On/Off" button. This feature is added specifically for iPad/iPhone users, because we use our finger as a mouse and there are no curser mark on the screen.
2. Now you can change the size of the color data display (color wheel, value, and temperature) by clicking the "3 lines" on the upper left corner. The old version had a fixed size of the data display. It limited the window for your image display.
3. Now, the image display window is independent to the aspect ratio of the inputted image. If you have a very long and narrow ref photo, you will love this new feature.
This app can help you to obtain color information of an existing painting or photo. Click the arrow on the right to know what you do:
1. Click "Load Image" button to load the image.
2. Use the mouse to click any point on your photo. The color information at the point will show. You can "add" this color onto a color collection area. You may repeatedly pick and add many color samples as needed, but 10 sampled will be displayed. You may delete any color sample using the "Delete" key. After finishing picking colors, click the white area near the color wheel, the white sample circle will vanish on the color wheel.
You may choose the range of chroma on the color wheel by selecting the percentage next to "Chroma".
This app can help you to compare colors of two images. Scroll down to know what you do:
1. Select "A" or "B" then click "Load Image" button to load the image in corresponding A or B image windows.
2. Use the mouse to select the color swatch you are interested to fill, Then pick colors from either A or B images at any point. The color information at the point will show.